Full Name: Diego Ribas da
2nd Nationality: Italian
Birthday: February 28, 1985 in Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil
Height: 1,73 meters
Weight: 73 kilograms
Club: Werder Bremen
Previous clubs: Santos > (€8m) Porto > (€6m) Werder Bremen
Position: Attacking Midfielder (right, central)
- His football career began as he was twelve years old in São
- At the age of 16 Diego had his team debut in the
Rio-São-Paulo-Championship in 2002
- Even in the same year he won the Campeonato Brasileiro
- In 2004 he was called up for the brazilian national football
team to play in the Copa América Cup. In this Copa he shot a
important goal in penatly shootout in the final
- Many people remember itself on this time when Diego Ribas da
Cunha played together with Robinho for Santos FC – it was a very
- In July 2004 joined he for arounf 8 million Euros to FC Porto.
But in Porto he played just sometimes. Following of this Diego
needn't play the 2006 FIFA World Cup for brazilian squad.
- Diego signed for Werder Bremen in May 2006 a contract for four
years. He comes for ca. 6 million Euros.
- His debut for Bremen was on 6th August in the German
League-Cup-match against FC Bayern Munich. Werder Bremen won a few
days later the competition.
- Diego had a so good start in the german Bundesliga that he
became player of the month in August. Diego and Torsten Frings, a
teammate, are the valuable players in midfield for Bremen.
- Two month later, in October and in December he became the second
best player of the month. And Diego became the best player of the
first half of the 1.Bundesliga.
- After a very good season 2006/2007 for him became he voted for
the best player of the year in the Bundesliga.
visitor on this site since 2007, July 23th.
[Home] [Sitemap] [Sitelist]