Rafael van der Vaart
Full Name: Rafael
Ferdinand van der Vaart
Birthday: February 11, 1983 in Heemskerk (Netherlands)
Height: 1,75 meters
Weight: 73 kilograms
Marital status: married with Sylvie (1 son: Damian Rafael)
Club: Hamburger SV
Position: Midfielder (left, center)
- His mother is spanish and his father dutchman.
- Van der Vaart comes from the youth trail from the Amsterdam
- Because of his talent he became to incurred to AFC Ajax as he
was seventeen years old. The debut was against FC Den Bosch on April
19, 2000. The match endings with 1-1 draw. His first goal for Ajax
he schoots on October 20, 2000.
- At the season 2000/2001, he became the best Talent of the Year
for Ajax. He was also voted by readers of the italian magazine
Calcio as European Talent of the Year.
- His first international for the Netherlands he made on Octobre
06, 2001 against Andorra. Holland wins 4:0.
- The season 2001/2002 was a very hard time for Rafael. His knee
was injuried and needed to operation. After the painful injury he
went back to the football place. But there he became injuried again.
And again he needed a operation. There became removing its entire
mensicus. Although he had played less, Van der Vaart scored 14 goals
for AFC Ajax.
At the season 2002/2003, he came back. In the Amsterdam Tournament -
an annual association football tournament - he finds the net two
times against the FC Barcelona. The result in the end of this match
was 4-3 for Ajax. Through a goal of Van der Vaart win the Team
against the Inter Milan the Tournament. At this season, he became
plaqued through other injuries, but nevertheless he had 21
appearances and shoot 18 goals.
- In the summer 2005 he moved from Ajax Amsterdam to the Hamburger
SV (Germany). The fee was around 5,1 million Euros.
visitor on this site since 2007, July 23th.
[Home] [Sitemap] [Sitelist]