Full Name: Ricardo Andrade
Birthday: September 25th, 1983 in Lisbon (Portugal)
Height: 1,73 meters
Weight: 68 kilograms
Current Club: FC Porto
Position: Attacking Midfielder / Winger (right)
- Quaresma was born in 25th September 1983 in Lisbon.
- He got his nickname "Mustang" from the former Sporting-Coach
- He's a right-footer
- During the 2000/2001 portuguese season, he gave his debut for
Sporting Lisbon. But only for the B-squad and he played 15 matches.
- One season later he called up to the A-Team of Sporting Lisbon.
There he played 28 matches and scored three goals.
- He would UEFA European Under-16 Football Championship winner
with Portugal in 2000
In 2003 he had his debut in Protugal national team in a friendly
match against Bolivia
- In the same season he signed for the FC Barcelona. The fee
amonunted 6m €. The debut match for Barcelona was against the
italian Top Club AC Milan. There he scored the first time.
- In his debut season, Ricardo made ten matches and eleven
substitiute appearances. He shot only one goal. It was a hard time
- In the end of the spanish season 2003/2004 he injured his right
foot so that he could not play the 2004 UEFA European Under-21
Football Championship and the 2004 UEFA European Football
- During the EURO 2004 championships, he announced that he would
not play as long as Frank Rijkaard worked as coach for FC Barcelona.
In this time Quaresma had a lot of offers from other clubs. Also
from FC Porto. But he was not interested go back to Portugal. But
short time later, Ricardo signed for FC Porto. He know he would not
lucky in Barcelona.
- His debut match for Porto was in the European Super Cup 2004.
- In year 2004 he won with Porto the 2004 FIFA Intercontinental
- In the season 2004/2005 enlisted this brilliant player the first
place in the first portuguese league for Porto.
- Quaresma has been "Portuguese Footballer of the Year" in 2005
visitor on this site since 2007, June 08th.
[Home] [Sitemap] [Sitelist]