Georg Moritz Hagen
Gustav Klaus Wolfgang
- At the beginnings the twins Bill and Tom Kaulitz were band staff.
At this time the percussion effects would supported by a keyboard.
With 9 years they played his first gigs on village-parties and
school-challenge. Sometimes they won some challenges. One day they
met the Drummer Gustav Klaus Wolfgang Schäfer and bass guitarist
Georg Moritz Hagen Listing at one of his gigs in Magdeburg. At that
time they joined together as "Devilish". Later they called "Tokio
- This band name associated with the destination to play in Tokyo
- Live gigs were very important to publishing his songs. Tokio
Hotel played many gigs in the club "Gröninger Bad" at their hometown
Magdeburg. In 2001 the producer David Jost saw the band in this club
and was very enthuses. After some problems at the beginning of the
still young career, the band spend the next two years their holidays
in the studio and recorded their first album. But later, from this
recoreded songs would no one played.
- In 2005 they released their first single who called "Durch den
Monsun" ("Through the Monsoon").
- They have a contract with the music giant Universal Studios.
Tokio Hotel will produced by Peter Hoffmann, David Jost, Dave Roth
und Pat Benzner. But before they had an contract with Sony BMG.
There got fired because of to small prosperousness outlooks. After
that, Universal Music discover Tokio Hotel.
- Their Manager is Benjamin Ebel
- It's very important for them, that all know they would not
composed. In 2003 Bill took part in "StarSearch", however were
Devilish (Tokio Hotel) has been discovered, at this time.
- Some parts of the songlyrics writes the singer Bill Kaulitz by
Their debut single "Durch den Monsun" was five weeks on top of the
German single charts (Media Control GfK). In the German year
rankings in 2005 their were runners-up.
- In octobre 2005 they won the Award "Comet" as best newcomer and
the "Super Comet" as best artists. For the national spectators-price
they became nominates very late, because nobody calculated with
their increases success.
- The first tour, called "Schrei"-Tour, was in a few days sold
out! But the demand for concerts exceeded the supply, because of
this Tokio Hotel gave in spring 2006 extra concerts. (Germany,
Switzerland and Austria).
- On 24th November they've won the "EinsLive-Krone" as best
newcomers. They became voted in a questionnaire survey on internet
as first place. Their fans supported them so much, that "US5" got
the second place.
- On 1st December 2005 Tokio Hotel won the "Bambi"-Award in the
category "Pop National". The boys of this band are the biggest
teen-idols at the year 2005, said the jury.
- Their first album "Schrei" achieved after a quarter year platin
- Tokio Hotels DVD "Leb die Sekunde – Behind the Scenes" achieved
just after one week platin status (70.000 exemplars). On this DVD
you can see the first trails in the studio, concerts, pictures and
- At the end 2005 they visited the S.O.S. – children village in
Bernburg. They benefited with 50 guitars for the music projects in
German children's villages.
- Because of the stress of the tour 2005, they took a break. In
this break the boys flies to the Maledives (Baa-Atoll). They lived
in the Luxery hotel "Royal Island" (-->
Some pictures, shoted by tourists, found the way to the media.
- In 2006 march, 12th Tokio Hotel were nominated in 4 categories
for the important music award "ECHO". At first they performed the
song "Rette Mich" and after they got this award for the best
newcomer. They got also another award for best newcomer - the
Steiger-Award. Many other follows.
- Viva Polska arranged one day only for Tokio Hotel (March
- The first Tokio-Hotel-Tourbus was a black VW Sharan. Actually
for their "Tour 483" they've a 14 metres long bus (a nightliner).
- The second Album "Zimmer 483" was released on February 23th in
2007. Later their fist english Album "Scream" released on June 04th,
2007 (international market)
visitor on this site since 2007, May 17th.
[Home] [Sitemap] [Sitelist]